Personal Accident Insurance
This insurance is designed to provide Personal Accident benefit for injuries sustained in recognised and authorised netball activities.
‘Silver’ level cover includes:
- Loss of Limb, Loss of Sight, Loss of Speech/Hearing, Permanent Total Disablement, Accidental Death
- Broken Bones (reduced in comparison to ‘Gold’ level cover / Category A)
- Emergency Dental and Optical Expenses – Subject to a £50 excess deductible
- Torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) necessitating surgery to repair
In addition ‘Gold / Category A’ cover for an Insured Person over 16 years old and not participating as a Premier League or Super League Umpire includes:
- Temporary Total Disablement – Subject to a 14 day excess deductible; individual must be in paid employment
- Hospitalisation – Confinement of 24 hours or more
- Convalescence – Recuperation following hospital confinement of 25 days or more
- Physiotherapy in the event of an Accident which results in a ruptured, snapped or torn ligament or tendon, broken bone or primary dislocation – Subject to a £50 excess deductible
- Temporary Partial Disablement – Subject to a 14 day excess deductible
The benefits and sums insured vary according to the category of membership and the netball activity undertaken. For full details of your coverage you should read the policy summary and policy wording. Social and Supporting members do not receive any Personal Accident Insurance.
Personal accident insurance covers any applicable expenses and confinement irrespective of where the injury was sustained; injuries may be sustained worldwide.
The policy operates when any of the individuals/groups listed below are engaged in a netball activity which is recognised or authorised by England Netball. The activities that EN recognise and authorise are detailed in the most current Policies which the ‘FAQs’ below seek to clarify.
To register a claim, please submit details via the England Netball website via the link below: