Work for us ❯ England Netball Opportunities ❯ Administrative Assistant (Placement) //= Titles\title(); ?>
Netball World Cup 2019 Limited
The Netball World Cup is the pinnacle event for netball and England Netball, in conjunction with its event partners, will be hosting the next tournament in July 2019 at the ACC Liverpool. Netball World Cup 2019 Ltd. has been set up to manage the event on behalf of England Netball and the International Netball Federation (INF) and are responsible for the planning and delivery of all event elements.
Lindsay Impett (Email Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01509 277 904)
26th February 2018
1st August 2018
Type of Opportunity
Full Time (1 person) or Part Time job share (2 people) – Unpaid placement
Applicant must be in higher education or further education
Length of contract
1 year placement dependent on interest
NWC2019 are looking to recruit an intern to provide support to the Event Director and Event Operations team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of a major international sporting event and involved in both the planning and delivery elements. To achieve our vision of delivering the best world championships in women’s sport we are seeking to engage an exceptional candidate for this role.
The role will involve:
• Administrative support across the full remit of the event as directed by the NWC2019 team including, but not limited to, spreadsheet management, meeting organisation and dealing with correspondence.
• To support staff by collating and recording information, and with general administration tasks such as photocopying, document printing and collation, collecting post and assisting with mail outs.
• To take on and deliver project streams of work to a deadline as required by the Events Team such as,
• Travel and accommodation logistics
• Event planning templates
• Event contacts management
• Social media updates
• Supporting the recruitment of volunteers and the administration of the event accreditation system.
• Be fully knowledgeable about the event to support the delivery of the event information system.
• To act as an ambassador and advocate of the Netball World Cup 2019 Ltd. at all times promoting the key organisational messages and always presenting the sport, event and its people in a positive light.
• To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the event.
• To maintain a flexible approach to working times, especially closer to the event.
This is a small team so the successful candidate (s) will learn a great deal about what it takes to stage a major sporting event in the UK. It will be hands on role and we are looking for candidates who can think on their feet, react quickly and be innovative.
• Competent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritise work using own initiative and work accurately and methodically with good attention to detail
• Excellent communication, and inter-personal skills; the ability to enthuse and engage across a variety of forms of communication
• Ability to take clear and concise meeting notes reflecting the main comments and action points
• Willingness to assist other members of the team as required; able to interact effectively with others
• Ability and willingness to undertake routine administrative tasks
• Flexible approach to work, resilient and able to work under pressure
• Works to the highest possible standards.
• Knowledge of the structure of netball, international sport and the UK Sporting Landscape
Sport Park, Loughborough
No of posts
1 Full time or 2 on a Part Time job share
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. In the covering letter, please explain why you are applying for the role and whether you are applying for the role on a full time or part time basis.